[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Guild Forum » Public Section » Public Discussion » Minor Changes
Minor Changes
TerrafrosDate: Saturday, 2009-08-22, 7:05 PM | Message # 1
Spleendid!
Group: Commander
Today, I have implemented a new ranking system, and a new tabard.

The new ranks are as follows(from high to low):

Grandmaster
Seneschal
Marshal
Under-Marshal
Senator
Knight
Sergeant
Centurion
Legionnaire
Initiate

The new tabard:

Attachments: 2033911.jpg (4.7 Kb)

EtanurDate: Saturday, 2009-08-22, 8:52 PM | Message # 2
Imperial guard
Group: Oathbound
Excellent!

SugutorDate: Sunday, 2009-08-23, 1:00 AM | Message # 3
Emperor of the light
Group: Commander
So Empire is officially dismissed?

I despise the people declaring of something impossible.
There is nothing impossible. Possibility degree is measured only by our quantity and determination.

tommzanDate: Sunday, 2009-08-23, 1:01 AM | Message # 4
High Commander
Group: Seneschal
Tabard is the best we ever got, black is simple and simple is bliss. But it will take me a while to learn to spell to Senshel...Sench...Senesss...Seneschal.

;-)

In Celtic astrology, you're a Birch. The animal symbol that accompanies this tree is the white stag. The ancient Druids say Birch people have good leadership skills, resilience, ambition, persistence and loyalty. However, Birches may be prone to depression, negative thoughts and too much reservation in showing affection to others. Take the Tree Meme

KleiyaDate: Sunday, 2009-08-23, 2:45 AM | Message # 5
Swordsman
Tab is very nice. biggrin

AldonDate: Sunday, 2009-10-25, 10:56 PM | Message # 6
Civilian
Group: Ex-Guild Members
I really like the tabard and I agree with the ranks but I have a suggestion for some guild roles (could be written in the officer's note):

- Librarian
- Cleric
- Chaplain
- Medic
- Quatermaster
- Standard Bearer
- and for the grizzled veterans Honor Guard.

In the light we all cast shadows.

KasdinDate: Wednesday, 2009-10-28, 1:06 AM | Message # 7
Civilian
Quote (Aldon)
- Librarian
- Cleric
- Chaplain
- Medic
- Quatermaster
- Standard Bearer

I'm all for this idea, I think it would bring a bit of life into the ranks, a bit of versatility to the existing ones.

zengDate: Saturday, 2009-10-31, 1:44 AM | Message # 8
High Commander
Quote (Aldon)
- Librarian
- Cleric
- Chaplain
- Medic
- Quatermaster
- Standard Bearer

as nice as it sounds this just isnt us, i do appreciate ideas coming from everywhere but personally I can't see where we would fit these changes, these are ranks from the space marine chapters which i didn't click on to until you mentioned it today in chat, you couldnt make these into additional roles they would replace the current ranks, which are just fine as they are really.

If the light didn't want you, it wouldn't have sent me,
NOW REPENT SCUM

AldonDate: Saturday, 2009-10-31, 10:09 AM | Message # 9
Civilian
This are not meant to be ranks, just some minor additional roles written perhaps in the note or officer note, for example:

Aldon - Guild Rank: Legionnaire - Note: Apothecary

In short Aldon being a new recruit is a Legionnaire and thus is still working in the lowest ranks of the order but considering his Alchemy skill he could have the duty or the job to take care of the order's supply of potions, medical herbs, reagents...and has the duty to register the potions he makes for the Templars and he has also the hobby to write a journal where he notes the proprieties of various herbs and the effects of the potions. So the rank within the order is a completely different thing than this role, or speciality. It just adds some additional info on the character and allows some roleplay....again for example:

Master Zeng: *enters in the small laboratory, strange liquids drip from the various flasks and a pungent aroma could be smelled* Good day Aldon, I came here with the order signed by the Grandmaster for three crates of healing herbs, some strong healing potions and we also need some elixirs of the defense if they are aviable, they proved to be quite an asset on the battlefied reinforcing the armour of our templars.

Aldon: Well met master Zeng, just a moment I must take the Registry of the Apothecarium *takes a big, dusty book*; I am glad that the potions were usefuly but please tell me, where any side effects, any frog polymorphs or unpredicted levitations?

Master Zeng: No no, altrough the armour of sergant Jones turned pink after he used the elixir of defense on it, there were no side effects. *looks around the room, all potions have labels on them, the reagents are carefully stored in various boxes, altrough Mr. Grumpy is still levitating* I see that you take your charge seriously Legionnaire, finnaly there is some order in here, but please do something for that poor frog, he is levitating since yesterday.

Aldon: Thanks for your appreciation Master Zeng, I do what I can to help the order, and dont worry for Mr. Grumpy the side effects of the potions are slow to wear off but he should be fine by tomorrow. Now onto your order *grabs a pen and starts writing in the registry*. Let's see, well I have some crates of peacebloom and silverleaf, which are good for minor bruises but should be used only on minor wounds, but here is the right thing, goldthorn and bruiseweed, they have overall good healing proprieties and if distilled prove also to be able to regenerate some mana. Now I have a limited supply of strong healing potion and we must keep some of them in store for emergencies so I will give you only a crate of those and to compensate I can give you some troll potions. And here are yours elixirs of defense.

*turns the registry toward Master Zeng and gives him the pen* Now please sign here and I will see that the potions are sent to you. *Zeng writes a signature* Now if you excuse me I must return to my work and prepare some additional protective potions...and....ah...please remind the Grandmaster when you go to report to him that I need additional supplies for the Apothecarium.

Message edited by Aldon - Saturday, 2009-10-31, 10:13 AM

zengDate: Saturday, 2009-10-31, 7:59 PM | Message # 10
High Commander
it is an interesting idea, but i still think its to much ultramarines, not holy templars, I just can't see it fitting with the way we currently are. But i am only one voice, I believe you should ask the grandmaster and see how he views the idea.

NOW REPENT SCUM

AfelaelDate: Saturday, 2009-10-31, 9:17 PM | Message # 11
Combat Expert
Group: Blocked
I see Aldon`s point and so I see Zeng`s.

Sometimes we do use this kind of "ranks" or maybe better "titles". It`s like "Fendie, I`m looking for some nice robes" "-Ohh... well you should ask one of our tailors then. Did you ask Tergand or Freaza?" - I see it this way. The information to us.

as I still understand the "cleric" or "medic" SUBtitle, or maybe some kind of "guard". It would work as an information to us what one specializes in. Like "cleric" for a healer, and "guard" for a tank or just a warrior-like class.

but I don`t see the point in creating SUBranks which are not really useful or are without meaning.

We can still see these "subranks/titles" just knowing about it without any formal notes. We can call somebody our "priest" or our "inscriptionist" just by knowing it.

As I said - I see the point.

Slowfail

AldonDate: Saturday, 2009-10-31, 9:25 PM | Message # 12
Civilian
Well the ranks above were just illustrative:

- Squire ( an initate apprenticed to a knight )

- Bishop ( a rank blessed by the Church of the Holy Light, his apprentices are called abbots )

- Herald ( the one resposable for the announcmet of guild events, a herald of the officers and a messenger )

- Captain ( the eldest of the knights )

- Alchemist...

- Diviner ( a mage responsable to study the augurs and control the magical defenses )

- Master of Arms ( a member resposnable for the care of the orders weapons and armour, a master of all weapons (a warrior perhaps) )

- Stablemaster ( the most expert cavalryman in the order, the master of all mounts and the keeper of the sables where our noble mounts reside )

- Guard ( a member who goes on regular patrols ...)

- Blacksmith, Engineer.... ( the player who choses this roles must roleplay his work is this fields, like and engineer preparing the explosives or a blacksmith repairing a sword...)

- Eternal Guard ( for each guild events two players are selected and their role is to protect the Grandmaster and be always at his side for the event....)

- Scribe ( a character who keeps the record of the heraldy of the knights, writes books, prepares glyphs....)

- .... ( all kinds of roles...)

-

Message edited by Aldon - Saturday, 2009-10-31, 9:28 PM

zengDate: Saturday, 2009-10-31, 10:11 PM | Message # 13
High Commander
Im thinking the only time this would be really useful would be if we stopped promoting people and built up a larger base of lower ranked people, which I dont think will happen anytime soon, we are open to people joining but a lot of the time they don't pass the interview.

But as I said there is nothing stopping you from setting yourself up as the apothecary for us.

NOW REPENT SCUM

EtanurDate: Sunday, 2009-11-01, 1:56 PM | Message # 14
Imperial guard
Quote (Aldon)
Eternal Guard
- always wanted to do it!

tommzanDate: Monday, 2009-11-02, 10:45 AM | Message # 15
High Commander
Group: Seneschal
Eta exclaimed:

- always wanted to do it!

I think we already are, you and me. Thinking about that meeting in Menethil.

:-)

In Celtic astrology, you're a Birch. The animal symbol that accompanies this tree is the white stag. The ancient Druids say Birch people have good leadership skills, resilience, ambition, persistence and loyalty. However, Birches may be prone to depression, negative thoughts and too much reservation in showing affection to others. Take the Tree Meme

Message edited by tommzan - Monday, 2009-11-02, 10:45 AM

Guild Forum » Public Section » Public Discussion » Minor Changes
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024