Vanguard of Vigilance

Friday, 2024-04-19, 4:18 PM

Welcome Passing by | RSS

Main Page | New system of Guild Chat - Guild House - Example. - Guild Forum | Register | Log in
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Guild Forum » Public Section » Public Discussion » New system of Guild Chat - Guild House - Example. (A Short example how this works.)
New system of Guild Chat - Guild House - Example.
EtanurDate: Thursday, 2009-07-16, 9:56 PM | Message # 1
Imperial guard
Group: Oathbound
[Etanur] has come online
[HTOOC] [Etanur]: Hey guys.
[HTOOC] [Ashaely]: Hello Etanur!
[Guild][Etanur]: *walks in slowly, as he looking around Town Hall and smirks*
[Guild][Ashaely]: *stop reading her book and rises her glance as she smiles at Etanur* Ishnu-alah sir Etanur.
[Guild][Etanur]: *bows his head* Greetings milady *sits on chair near Ashaely*

Etanur loots 2 silver 30 copper
[HTOOC][Etanur]: Gah..damned that Hoger nearly killed me :/
[HTOOC][Sugutor]: POKEMON!
[Guild][Sugutor]: *waves as he enteres Town Hall* Greetings Templars!
Etanur dies
[HTOOC][Etanur]: ...

MiggoDate: Thursday, 2009-07-16, 10:06 PM | Message # 2
Councilar/War Commander
neat

TerrafrosDate: Friday, 2009-07-17, 0:18 AM | Message # 3
Spleendid!
Group: Commander
Let me put in everything I want to do regarding the guild house idea, because I like the idea, however it needs some clear rules and such

First of all, if this system is put into effect, it will be obliged to be in htooc at all times when you're online. If you're spotted outside it, you'll get a whisper, after which you NEED to get back to the channel. If any kind of discussion/fighting happens in htooc, report it to the highest ranking member online, who at that point will tell the people doing this to either A: Take it to whisper B: Take it to a seperate channel - If they don't listen, there is a demotion, and if they still don't listen, removal from guild. It is important everyone is in HTOOC so everyone can see all OOC announcements, and so we can reduce the amount of OOC( Even with (( )) brackets ) in /g.

Also, all basic hellos are done in HTOOC if this system goes into effect. Any additional hellos can be made if someone enters the guild house(such as shown above).

Secondly, the guild chat becomes a second dimension. Basically, you can walk into the house in this second dimension, at any point at any time, without having to be there at the actual place. The guild house will be located at the Hillsbrad Fields INN - NOT THE TOWNHALL. Take this in mind as you RP in /g once this system is implemented.

Also, you are able to RP both in /g, and somewhere else. It is possible to, for example, RP in Stormwind, while at the same time you RP in the guild chat, because the guild chat is a second dimension.

Happenings that happen in guild chat, if you are present, can be used in outside RP. If for example Miggo throws a jar of jam at Freaza in the guild house, then for example, if you leave the guild house, and go RP somewhere, you can say "Hah, Miggo threw a jar of jam at Freaza!". HOWEVER, you cannot directly give through anything that happens. For example, if you are in Stormwind(there's RP there I tell you! Lots!), and Sugutor enters the guild house, you can't say "Oh, Sugutor entered the guild house!". You need to be outside of the guild house, and start with RP with someone, if you want to link what happens in the guild house to live RP. The same thing applies vice versa.

Thirdly, people have expressed they want to be able to say things when they're on the other end of Azeroth, Buzzbox was THE solution to this. So, how do we replace this? We don't. Let me explain. Instead of the guild chat being constantly a buzzbox channel, instead people will be able to use their buzzbox to call out messages. This is done by the means of [BB] tags(short version of [BuzzBox]). Place a [BB] tag infront of your message, and it will be seen as a buzzbox message in the guild channel.

However, this goes with limitations. I do not want [BB] spam, as you can already be anywhere you want in this first dimension, though sometimes you might want to RP being somewhere else and still being in contact. Try to avoid [BB] messages as much as possible, a few lines of conversation with [BB], but do not let it overspam the guild house. No hellos with [BB], all hellos go to htooc or to /g once someone enters the guild house(must be done clearly by an emote, shown in original post).

We will vote for the guild house idea on saturday, all guild members( alts removed mostly smile ) need to check their calendar for a calendar event on saturday. The voting opens on 0:01 Saturday and ends on 23:55 Saturday. Accept = Yes, Decline = No. There must be a 66% amount of Yes votes for this idea to be implemented

TorsonDate: Friday, 2009-07-17, 0:37 AM | Message # 4
Combat Expert
i rofl'd at the chat biggrin
and i like the idea, it will be more interesting smile

Message edited by Torson - Friday, 2009-07-17, 0:37 AM

CarienDate: Friday, 2009-07-17, 1:37 AM | Message # 5
Warlord/Elder
Aw, now I'll have to memorize the inn. Great idea though! There so many things you can do with it

I'd like to apologise for being such a b****
Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/CENTER]

JandriaDate: Friday, 2009-07-17, 9:40 AM | Message # 6
Previously known as Zaviro
I'd rather have a new channel like /HTguildhouse for this then completly removing Buzzbox channels. My character is always away ICly, that means he HAS to use Buzzbox nearly every time. I like the channels how they are now, like I said, just add that extra /HTguildhouse channel and all will stay the same for players who voted No and the people who voted Yes will still get their guildhouse. Win, Win?

My vote is No by the way, I can't be there on saterday probably.

Zaviro.

TerrafrosDate: Friday, 2009-07-17, 2:55 PM | Message # 7
Spleendid!
Quote (Zaviro)
I'd rather have a new channel like /HTguildhouse for this then completly removing Buzzbox channels. My character is always away ICly, that means he HAS to use Buzzbox nearly every time. I like the channels how they are now, like I said, just add that extra /HTguildhouse channel and all will stay the same for players who voted No and the people who voted Yes will still get their guildhouse. Win, Win?
My vote is No by the way, I can't be there on saterday probably.

Zaviro.

The current buzzbox channel is not used alot, this would liven up the guild chat probably.

The [BB] tags can be sufficient for a few buzzbox messages.

HaedenasDate: Saturday, 2009-07-18, 9:36 PM | Message # 8
Councilar/War Commander
I refrain from the voting as I am not active in the game itself. But interesting to read about such things. smile

MicahDate: Saturday, 2009-07-18, 10:54 PM | Message # 9
Group: Removed

I don`t like the idea. It messes up with many things such as time and scenarios of our characters. It will be like another game in the game as your character can be met twice at the same time.
Will it be like: -Hey Micah! -((I didn`t enter the inn I`m not there)).

Another thing is that it`s hard to teach new members about In-character stuff and out-of-character stuff (like "GZ" or so), then the guild chat will be even more problematic and used even less than recently.

Sorry, but I vote No.

Message edited by Micah - Saturday, 2009-07-18, 10:55 PM

TerrafrosDate: Sunday, 2009-07-19, 0:06 AM | Message # 10
Spleendid!
The vote has ended, with a 84.6% of Yes votes.

This system, accompanied with a heavy explanation, will be implemented later today.

The system will go on a one week trial. After that, the same vote is held. In order to keep the system intact after this week, yet again 66% of the votes must be Yes.

CarienDate: Sunday, 2009-07-19, 1:55 AM | Message # 11
Warlord/Elder
That sounds like a good plan

I'd like to apologise for being such a b****
Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/CENTER]

KaluakDate: Tuesday, 2009-07-28, 6:39 AM | Message # 12
Civilian
Group: Validating
It's Time to Say... BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

tommzanDate: Tuesday, 2009-07-28, 1:49 PM | Message # 13
High Commander
Group: Seneschal
*Calls ghost busters*

In Celtic astrology, you're a Birch. The animal symbol that accompanies this tree is the white stag. The ancient Druids say Birch people have good leadership skills, resilience, ambition, persistence and loyalty. However, Birches may be prone to depression, negative thoughts and too much reservation in showing affection to others. Take the Tree Meme

MicahDate: Tuesday, 2009-07-28, 11:03 PM | Message # 14
Group: Removed

*The rude and mean jerk comes in* Hey!

EtanurDate: Wednesday, 2009-07-29, 0:14 AM | Message # 15
Imperial guard
hahahahaha

Guild Forum » Public Section » Public Discussion » New system of Guild Chat - Guild House - Example. (A Short example how this works.)
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024