Vanguard of Vigilance

Friday, 2024-03-29, 12:08 PM

Welcome Passing by | RSS

Main Page | PvP - Guild Forum | Register | Log in
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Guild Forum » Public Section » Public Discussion » PvP (To be or not to be.)
PvP
tommzanDate: Friday, 2010-01-29, 11:28 AM | Message # 1
High Commander
Group: Seneschal
I find this to be a topic where the view is spread thin. What is your point of view? And can we agree to disagree and live and let live?

Also note that views shared here is not necessarily representative for the guild, but rather personal points of view.

Myself I see PvP as something that can also take place outside arean and BGs. If I see someone with their PvP flag up, I see it as the season is on, especially on Sha'tar where it's default is turned off. I see wiping out a place of the opposite faction as ok if it's done with a good RP reason, and the quest givers are not taken out repeatedly. Once is enough, a quick in and out operation.

And yes, I do have toons on a PvP server also. :-)

In Celtic astrology, you're a Birch. The animal symbol that accompanies this tree is the white stag. The ancient Druids say Birch people have good leadership skills, resilience, ambition, persistence and loyalty. However, Birches may be prone to depression, negative thoughts and too much reservation in showing affection to others. Take the Tree Meme

zengDate: Friday, 2010-01-29, 1:53 PM | Message # 2
High Commander
Group: Oathbound
Tommz I fully agree, when I see the red tag, it literally is a red flag to a bull, I charge I dont care what level, what race, whatever they want a fight i will give it to them, if i lose so be it, if i win then great.

It is world of warcraft WAR craft, we are not meant to hug each other, we have big freakin swords, maces, bows, guns, rockets, everydamned thing you can think of, so why not kill each other with them smile

I love attacking horde towns and i dont think there is enough of it going on. Also random world PvP is great fun.

If the light didn't want you, it wouldn't have sent me,
NOW REPENT SCUM

SnizzlepoonDate: Friday, 2010-01-29, 4:40 PM | Message # 3
High Commander
pvp ftw!

gief arena team

LucinyaDate: Friday, 2010-01-29, 6:07 PM | Message # 4
Warlord/Elder
I don't mind little bits of PvP every now and then, Mainly I do WG and thats it, I even killed a Snizzle a few days back on my DK <3

And yes the PvP flag being on is allways an indication for you to run in and attack, Though i'm not so fond of a level 80 killing a level 17 that has their flag on, they might not even know what it means....

And as for PvP in RP, I can understand it and yes it should be a quick in and out, but even killing quest giving NPC's once in lower level areas can be a real hinderance to players. Espcialy ones that have just started playing.

"'Cuz we're standing on the edge of something beautiful" :3

NeliosDate: Sunday, 2010-01-31, 11:58 PM | Message # 5
Swordsman
Please spare priests life with pvp flag on just because they went fishing to wintergrasp. Life should be not that hard as for one to die when catching his dinner.

Apart from that, pvp can be fun of course, I leave that for places specifically designed for that though. I try to avoid every red flagged thing around. Just defend myself when they attack, that is... when my main weapon is the fishing rod and i´m distracted.

KleiyaDate: Monday, 2010-02-01, 1:22 AM | Message # 6
Swordsman
Im mostly in line with Cal here, I dont do PvP so much anymore but at one time it was all I liked to do, mostly Alliance vs Horde skirmishes in Hillsbrad and AV (god I love that BG).

However, there are times when I wont attack people with PvP status, for example today there were Horde fishing next to some Alliance peeps in WG. I don't attack other players when they are doing something and cannot help but have PvP on, also when farming eternal fires in WG. It would be nice if the arrangement was always mutual, the majority of the time it is, so its nice.

StingDate: Monday, 2010-02-01, 7:53 AM | Message # 7
Warlord/Elder
I can really stand 2 of the old BG's anymore, as my tiny lvl 70 Stingie had butt-aching job to gather loads of marks and honor for her pretty phoenix crossbow back in the day.. As a result, there's nothing I hate as much as Alterac Valley.. dry

So these days I enjoy Eye of the Storm and casual Arathi Basin whenever I feel like PvPing. I second Nelios with the fishing in WG, even though I always have my track humanoids on, occasionally some evil horde manages to gank me, and quite often I fall down with fellow hunters' arrow on my back.. *pfft*

What becomes to random world PvP, it can be fun at times, but I myself never ever attack low levels, there's no honor or skill needed for that imo. And also, killing questgivers I don't accept.. biggrin

“When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila”

Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

GarinvaldDate: Monday, 2010-02-01, 12:49 PM | Message # 8
Knight
Battelgrounds and most of the PvP died for me when Wrath of the Lich King went live. In burning crusade i enjoyed pvp more then it is today, Alterac valley was my favorite back then the 40v40 fights those were good times and it was the most tactical battleground. Even grinded all the marks for that nice Stormpike tabard. Now when i join a BG for alterac valley, isle of conquest and for Strand i see alliance outnumbered 4 to 1 with no teamwork at all. Needless to say that this will slap the alliance in the face with the rated battleground system.

Wintergrasp on the other hand i like to play. Defending againts the horde that comes with nearly 20 stacks of tenacity is just awsome. Coordinating the raid for defense and offense, taking vital points to secure victory.
Only downside is that after the battle is over the opposing faction could fly in and gank those who teleport there later on. But that only shows that they have not the honor to fight fair.

World PvP can be fun sometimes but i tend to only fight similar levels lets say lvl 77+. And if they attack first well then...they asked for it.

Brewfest made Garinvald its avatar of war!

zengDate: Saturday, 2010-02-13, 12:10 PM | Message # 9
High Commander
So I have been thinking about this, their is a distinct lack of a warband/warlike guild raiding towns for pillage and such. I think it would be interesting to dabble in it.

How do others think it would go. I am not suggesting the HT would have a part in such a thing.

NOW REPENT SCUM

tommzanDate: Wednesday, 2010-02-17, 10:47 AM | Message # 10
High Commander
Mayhaps.

Personally I find it most entertaining when we have it coordinated with the Horde, so there is some proper resistance. Like when we jumped them in Howling fjord. Very clever of them to mind control me right into all the NPCs. ;-)

Also in respons to casual World PvP. Even though I see it as the season is on if someone has their PvP flag up, it does not mean I jump them by default. I have my own restrictions such as never jumping anyone lower level than me unless they in turn have jumped someone low level, or if they insist on jumping me first. I see no fun in fights where one participant doesn't stand a chance, and especially not if the fight is not their decision. But...the season is on. Keep your flag down if you want to walk in peace.

Then I know sometimes that flag pops on at the most inconvenience times by mistake. ;-)

Also I agree with Kleiya, there is no point in jumping people in WG who clearly are doing their daily fishing quest. It's just petty.

In Celtic astrology, you're a Birch. The animal symbol that accompanies this tree is the white stag. The ancient Druids say Birch people have good leadership skills, resilience, ambition, persistence and loyalty. However, Birches may be prone to depression, negative thoughts and too much reservation in showing affection to others. Take the Tree Meme

zengDate: Wednesday, 2010-02-17, 2:47 PM | Message # 11
High Commander
But they are attacking our low level fish population. biggrin

NOW REPENT SCUM

GarinvaldDate: Wednesday, 2010-02-17, 6:10 PM | Message # 12
Knight
What they are taking away our fish?! Of course you know this means WAR!!

Brewfest made Garinvald its avatar of war!

tommzanDate: Wednesday, 2010-02-17, 11:17 PM | Message # 13
High Commander
Seriously, after leveling fishing to max on a PvP server...I think anyone who attacks a fishing toon should get his/her level reset to 1!! Have you no sense of what's holy?

zengDate: Wednesday, 2010-02-17, 11:29 PM | Message # 14
High Commander
:} holy fish ganking bat man.

though tbh I don't bother going to WG unless the battle is on I have to much other stuff to fit in while I am on than hunting down the fishing population of azeroth smile

I used to for titanium but with the new transmutes I dont bother anymore

NOW REPENT SCUM

Guild Forum » Public Section » Public Discussion » PvP (To be or not to be.)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024