[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Guild Forum » Public Section » Public Discussion » Ranks
Ranks
TerrafrosDate: Wednesday, 2010-01-20, 11:05 PM | Message # 1
Spleendid!
Group: Commander
The ranks have been updated below, on suggestion on Kleiya(thanks!), there will be more info to follow, the following structure should explain enough!

Post comments, people!

EtanurDate: Thursday, 2010-01-21, 1:40 AM | Message # 2
Imperial guard
Group: Oathbound
Oathbound doesn't sounds very good
Under-Marshal doesn't sounds very good because of "Under"

Apprentice hmm...can't describe my feelings for it yet but hmm...

Lightbringer, good.

zengDate: Thursday, 2010-01-21, 3:49 AM | Message # 3
High Commander
Lightbringer SACRILEGE There can be only one

Attachments: 1129740.jpg (43.8 Kb)

If the light didn't want you, it wouldn't have sent me,
NOW REPENT SCUM

StingDate: Thursday, 2010-01-21, 8:24 AM | Message # 4
Warlord/Elder
..I just hope I could make one freaking meeting to get promoted.. biggrin I've been carrying my armor of the fang in my backpack for couple weeks now, but somehow my "morning" sickness is at it's worst on Tuesday evenings..

Maybe next Tuesday then.. *crosses fingers*

“When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila”

Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

SnizzlepoonDate: Thursday, 2010-01-21, 8:29 AM | Message # 5
High Commander
Group: Seneschal
Centurion seem to be out of common trend

make it "Templar" or so, we need a rank for members who are just regular memebers, not officers, but not novices also

HirionDate: Thursday, 2010-01-21, 11:01 AM | Message # 6
Swordsman
Yeah, but Templar of Holy Templars sounds a bit...well... biggrin

SnizzlepoonDate: Thursday, 2010-01-21, 11:42 AM | Message # 7
High Commander
Quote (Hirion)
Yeah, but Templar of Holy Templars sounds a bit...well... biggrin

well, all HT are Templars anyway

KleiyaDate: Thursday, 2010-01-21, 12:45 PM | Message # 8
Swordsman
Since people are making suggestions I thought I would give it a go. I think the present issue with the sounding of the present ranks is lack of consistency and that there are a load of ranks. It would be quite good if it took quite a long time, and some work to get one step higher within the guild, and seeing as the guild is an Order IC I got some ideas flowing. You can dismiss them and do as you will, just my two pence really.

Grandmaster (I could not think of something to replace this so I left it.)

Vizier (Denotes the highest-ranking political and military officer under the monarch in the real world, mostly used in former Ottaman Empire. The term, I think, sounds powerful. The style to address someone with this ranking, example: Her/Your Grace, Vizier Tommzan of the Order of the Holy Templars.)

My next suggestion is different. The idea would be to have the guild seperated into two for three rank levels. The two ranks on each level would be equal in status IC and OOC, the difference would be one for melee and another for casters.

Marshal (Warrior/Paladin/Rogue/Death Knight/Hunter)
High Magnate (Mage/Priest/Druid/Shaman/Warlock)

The two ranks are equal and are the highest under the Vizier.

Vice-Marshal (Warrior/Paladin/Rogue/Death Knight/Hunter)
Magnate (Mage/Priest/Druid/Shaman/Warlock)

Knight (Warrior/Paladin/Rogue/Death Knight/Hunter)
Consul (Mage/Priest/Druid/Shaman/Warlock)

Templar (Would be the rank, along with Knight/Consul, where the majority of the 'meat' is in the guild)

Initiate

As said, just some ideas. biggrin

Added (2010-01-21, 12:45 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
Actually, you can forget that. I was just bored and these topics (titles/rankings/nobility) interests me alot so I just went - well I am not too sure where. biggrin

SnizzlepoonDate: Thursday, 2010-01-21, 1:21 PM | Message # 9
High Commander
thats actually nice, Kleya, just vizier is outta trend imo

and not sure can there be viziers in wow at all

TerrafrosDate: Thursday, 2010-01-21, 1:53 PM | Message # 10
Spleendid!
Quote (Kleiya)
Since people are making suggestions I thought I would give it a go. I think the present issue with the sounding of the present ranks is lack of consistency and that there are a load of ranks. It would be quite good if it took quite a long time, and some work to get one step higher within the guild, and seeing as the guild is an Order IC I got some ideas flowing. You can dismiss them and do as you will, just my two pence really.
Grandmaster (I could not think of something to replace this so I left it.)

Vizier (Denotes the highest-ranking political and military officer under the monarch in the real world, mostly used in former Ottaman Empire. The term, I think, sounds powerful. The style to address someone with this ranking, example: Her/Your Grace, Vizier Tommzan of the Order of the Holy Templars.)

My next suggestion is different. The idea would be to have the guild seperated into two for three rank levels. The two ranks on each level would be equal in status IC and OOC, the difference would be one for melee and another for casters.

Marshal (Warrior/Paladin/Rogue/Death Knight/Hunter)
High Magnate (Mage/Priest/Druid/Shaman/Warlock)

The two ranks are equal and are the highest under the Vizier.

Vice-Marshal (Warrior/Paladin/Rogue/Death Knight/Hunter)
Magnate (Mage/Priest/Druid/Shaman/Warlock)

Knight (Warrior/Paladin/Rogue/Death Knight/Hunter)
Consul (Mage/Priest/Druid/Shaman/Warlock)

Templar (Would be the rank, along with Knight/Consul, where the majority of the 'meat' is in the guild)

Initiate

As said, just some ideas.

Added (2010-01-21, 12:45 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
Actually, you can forget that. I was just bored and these topics (titles/rankings/nobility) interests me alot so I just went - well I am not too sure where.

Interesting, you caught my attention with those.

However, the promotion system would have to be changed. Obviously, we can't promote every two weeks anymore if this system goes active

KleiyaDate: Thursday, 2010-01-21, 3:05 PM | Message # 11
Swordsman
Well there was another suggestion that I was going to put forward, I was not sure whether to do so IC or OOC, but it would aid with any change to the promotion system and could be used with the current as well. It basically is an idea to link guild ranking and promotion with roleplay and IC relevance more.

If we use the suggested rankings I put up as an example of how my suggestion would work, as I have to more thought into the current rankings, hopefully this will make sense.

When a player joins the guild as an initiate he/she is assigned a mentor who is an officer, Marshal/High Magnate Vice-Marshal/Magnate.

For example, if my alt joined the guild. Zalekyth, who is a mage, he would be assigned to High Magnate Tergand. If Tergand accepted the recommendation. (Caster for caster etc.)

The mentoring at the beginning, at initiate rank, would be a welcome and demonstrative mentoring of what the Order is, who is in it, and what it does and stands for. The roleplay does not have to be big and tiresome, can be a simple 10-15mins every week, and would be completely personal between the two characters.

As the protégé advances within the guild, through promotion based on roleplay and recommendation from the mentor, the mentoring could take on more indepth and developed roleplay. For example, if Kleiya was a mentor something she would very likely wish to do with her protégé would be to explore the differences between Elune’s teachings, the teachings of Cenarius, and those of Light, as well as the similarities.

The set up would encourage a hell of a lot more interaction between guild members, and hopefully lots of roleplay too.

The mentor could set tasks, be formal or casual completely dependent on the characters involved. The officers would not be obligated to take someone on, but encouraged.

To motivate new members into roleplaying and guild interaction a set of honours could be established. If the mentor believes the character to have excelled him/herself the mentor could nominate them to an honour, which would be decided upon by the Grandmaster.

These honours would not be promotions, but have IC relevance depicting achievement within the guild and would carry a reward, like gold, for example. Guild meetings would have a lot more reason to them as well, acknowledgement of character advancements, as well as honours.

Just some more ideas, didn't actually think you guys would be interested. So this is nice. biggrin

TerrafrosDate: Thursday, 2010-01-21, 3:09 PM | Message # 12
Spleendid!
Quote (Kleiya)
Well there was another suggestion that I was going to put forward, I was not sure whether to do so IC or OOC, but it would aid with any change to the promotion system and could be used with the current as well. It basically is an idea to link guild ranking and promotion with roleplay and IC relevance more.
If we use the suggested rankings I put up as an example of how my suggestion would work, as I have to more thought into the current rankings, hopefully this will make sense.

When a player joins the guild as an initiate he/she is assigned a mentor who is an officer, Marshal/High Magnate Vice-Marshal/Magnate.

For example, if my alt joined the guild. Zalekyth, who is a mage, he would be assigned to High Magnate Tergand. If Tergand accepted the recommendation. (Caster for caster etc.)

The mentoring at the beginning, at initiate rank, would be a welcome and demonstrative mentoring of what the Order is, who is in it, and what it does and stands for. The roleplay does not have to be big and tiresome, can be a simple 10-15mins every week, and would be completely personal between the two characters.

As the protégé advances within the guild, through promotion based on roleplay and recommendation from the mentor, the mentoring could take on more indepth and developed roleplay. For example, if Kleiya was a mentor something she would very likely wish to do with her protégé would be to explore the differences between Elune’s teachings, the teachings of Cenarius, and those of Light, as well as the similarities.

The set up would encourage a hell of a lot more interaction between guild members, and hopefully lots of roleplay too.

The mentor could set tasks, be formal or casual completely dependent on the characters involved. The officers would not be obligated to take someone on, but encouraged.

To motivate new members into roleplaying and guild interaction a set of honours could be established. If the mentor believes the character to have excelled him/herself the mentor could nominate them to an honour, which would be decided upon by the Grandmaster.

These honours would not be promotions, but have IC relevance depicting achievement within the guild and would carry a reward, like gold, for example. Guild meetings would have a lot more reason to them as well, acknowledgement of character advancements, as well as honours.

Just some more ideas, didn't actually think you guys would be interested. So this is nice.

That actually does sound very nice!

One word of warning however: We want to ensure everyone feels all ranks are equal in terms of friendliness and how they are treated, IC we do work with higher ranks but not so much due to we wanting focus on only using ranks when we have to, and rather uniting where needed rather than having a few bark the orders.

Besides, we all know only I can bark orders correctly!

KleiyaDate: Thursday, 2010-01-21, 4:14 PM | Message # 13
Swordsman
Of course, it was not aimed at a delegation of authority away from the top. What it is is an idea to have the officers have a responsibility to bring new players into the collective fold through roleplay. This idea came to me during Etanur’s funeral when several people stated how they didn’t really know him, IC, and that got me thinking that there needs to be greatly increased IC interaction, casual one-to-one.

This isn’t an idea to have officers have control over those below but to develop relations within the guild through IC means and also would be a great way for those new to roleplay too to get a real idea as to what it is and to develop their characters.

However, it doesn’t just have to be a ‘let me teach you this and tell you that’ sort of roleplay. The mentor could be having a completely equal relationship where they both explore each others knowledge, teaching each other new things.

TerrafrosDate: Thursday, 2010-01-21, 4:36 PM | Message # 14
Spleendid!
Idea is currently in implementation after receiving enough Seneschal votes.

News regarding new responsibilities will follow.

One change to this post in advance;

Seneschals remain seneschals.

EDIT: Vice-Marshals and Marshals have been changed to Marshals and High Marshals

Message edited by Terrafros - Thursday, 2010-01-21, 4:41 PM

TerrafrosDate: Thursday, 2010-01-21, 5:57 PM | Message # 15
Spleendid!
Updated main post

Guild Forum » Public Section » Public Discussion » Ranks
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024