[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Guild Forum » Public Section » Public News » Changes
Changes
TerrafrosDate: Sunday, 2010-03-14, 2:02 PM | Message # 1
Spleendid!
Group: Commander
This post is to address some more changes to the system.

Ulduar

In order to give those a chance that normally do not raid, see some raiding as well, the Sunday and the Monday will instead of being empty in the evenings be occupied with an Ulduar raid. This raid is accompanied by sign up list, and those that
  • Are with the main team
  • Have gone the week before
    will have less priority than those who have not gone at all yet.

This will go active by next week.

Return of the Boosting Officer

Nelios has offered to take on the role of Boosting officer. This means you can claim one boost with him every five days, provided
  • The character in question is guilded
  • The instance you request a boost for is pre-Burning Crusade content

Suggested Events

Every monday, a suggested event will take place, preferably lead by someone other than me. Directly after the suggested event, a new session is held in the HTOOC channel, where members can suggest events to take place. At the guild meeting to follow, the members will vote in the raid channel of the guild meeting which of the suggested events will take place. If sufficient interest, there will be multiple suggested events a week.

Enforcing policy

All heavy swearing performed now, targeted at people or at subjects, will be policed heavier. There will be three strikes in total.
  • Warning.
  • Mute for five minutes.
  • Kick from the channel for fifteen minutes, accompanied by a warning in your officer's note. This warning will be saved in the Seneschal boards on these forums as well, so it cannot be erased.

This applies to HTOOC, RP, and Ventrilo. If you try to resist the punishment, you will get into trouble, which may easily lead to demotion or removal from the guild.

The following swear words are no longer deemed acceptable. They are hidden by spoiler for those that'd rather not see it.

Undoubtedly, this list will be updated as time passes.

The milder words, such as damn, crap, screw etc, are still acceptable provided they are used mildly, and as little towards people as possible.

There are some who have grown accustomed to the use of these swearing words. This is not ignored, but will also however require you to change your ways. Officers are allowed to approach people personally to attempt to solve the problem without severe punishment, but the problem must be solved. If it continues, both the officer who attempted the other method and the person who continued regardless, will be approached

Those of rank Seneschal as of this point have full authority regarding muting. They are to be treated accordingly. If you have a problem with their ruling, still comply to them, but come to me afterwards.

Do not throw a fit or resist punishment, if you have a problem go to me but don't throw a fuss over it.

Trolling

Trolling is no longer deemed acceptable. This includes both agressive trolling, capital spam, ridiculing, or fighting on public places such as the Trade Channel and the Realm Forums. The following steps will be taken accordingly.

• Warning
  • Demanding a public apology
  • Warning added to officer's note, + public apology

More violations will have serious consequences.

Three warnings in officer's note = End of your time here

Warnings expire every month.

This may get updated over time.

These measures are being taken in order to refresh policy and tackle concerns that have been put forward.
  •  
    FendieDate: Sunday, 2010-03-14, 2:13 PM | Message # 2
    weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    Group: Seneschal
    Sounds good to me.
    You can add me as boosting officer too if there are a lot people demanding them.

In Celtic astrology, you're a Vine (not everything on the zodiac is a tree). The animal symbol that accompanies this plant is the swan. The ancient Druids say Vine people are graceful, discriminating, perceptive, romantic and have good aesthetics. However, Vines may be prone to procrastination and anxiety. They may also appear emotionally detached or even stuck-up.

CarienDate: Sunday, 2010-03-14, 2:15 PM | Message # 3
    Warlord/Elder
    Group: Oathbound
    aye, sir!

I'd like to apologise for being such a b****
    Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/CENTER]

MordercasDate: Sunday, 2010-03-14, 2:21 PM | Message # 4
    Civilian
    #Trolling

Trolling is no longer deemed acceptable. This includes both agressive trolling, capital spam, ridiculing, or fighting on public places such as the Trade Channel and the Realm Forums. The following steps will be taken accordingly.

# Warning
    # Demanding a public apology
    # Warning added to officer's note, + public apology

More violations will have serious consequences.

/cry
    You're ruining my communication experience, Terrafros!

Message edited by Mordercas - Sunday, 2010-03-14, 2:22 PM

DasachtDate: Sunday, 2010-03-14, 2:22 PM | Message # 5
    Guard
    Group: Ex-Guild Members
    Very well terra I am bad for the swears I'll try not to use em if I cant avoid I simply will not speak *nods*

[CENTER]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/CENTER]

AfelaelDate: Sunday, 2010-03-14, 5:53 PM | Message # 6
    Combat Expert
    Group: Blocked
    Rules, I like that!

Slowfail

SnizzlepoonDate: Sunday, 2010-03-14, 6:15 PM | Message # 7
    High Commander
    I dont like the swearing and trolling part.

zengDate: Sunday, 2010-03-14, 8:19 PM | Message # 8
    High Commander
    I can help with boosting post BC instances if needed and i can do normal modes of some of the wotlk ones solo, however they take a little more time happy

If the light didn't want you, it wouldn't have sent me,
    NOW REPENT SCUM

SnizzlepoonDate: Sunday, 2010-03-14, 8:35 PM | Message # 9
    High Commander
    To be honest - a "boosting officer"?
    Is boosting something that much important in RP guild?

SugutorDate: Sunday, 2010-03-14, 11:12 PM | Message # 10
    Emperor of the light
    Quote (Snizzlepoon)
    To be honest - a "boosting officer"?
    Is boosting something that much important in RP guild?

And to add-Does boosting really important when you can level to 80 in no time?I don`t think it is important to get dungeon equipment to level,as now nearly every Pre-BC quest is soloable.

/Cry on swearing part.My luck,I`ve quitted WoW before the changes.

I despise the people declaring of something impossible.
    There is nothing impossible. Possibility degree is measured only by our quantity and determination.

StingDate: Monday, 2010-03-15, 8:13 AM | Message # 11
    Warlord/Elder
    You boys don't like the language filter-idea at all, eh..? wink

I don't have problem with bad language as long as it stays non-insulting towards others and isn't filling 90% of the conversation, but even I cannot stand constant swearing without wanting to wash your mouth with soap.. biggrin

In all I think the rules are well put and give room to diversion without being too strict. Guild this side DOES need some rules after all or we would all soon be partying, poop-throwing monkeys on the channels. What comes to the boosting officer-thingie, I think it is good idea as long as it doesn't go to the state where poor Nelios is being used and boosted one then /gquitting after reaching certain level..

Trade channel trolling I cannot stand, so I am glad we won't be taking part in such actions, were big boys and girls you know.. wink

That's pretty much my opinion, great work Terra!

“When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila”

Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

tommzanDate: Monday, 2010-03-15, 9:31 AM | Message # 12
    High Commander
    Ulduar is a fun idea. But I'd like to point out that every level 80 in the guild already has a chance to raid, most often 2 times a week. The weekly raid on Tuesdays, and the VoA on Wednesday when we go 25. So far it's never been full but we had to pug the last spots. As with everything in life, online and offline, it comes down to priorities and if an individual wants to raid so much they actually bother to make plans for it. It's not like only core10 gets the opportunities. Quite the opposite. I often find parts of core10 going without benefits or gains simply to give others a chance to get raids off the floor, call it boosting if you like.

With the low level boosting I'm a bit puzzled. With the new LFG there are no problems finding a group, rather than having someone run one through. Also with proper group you get experience points, with a boost you don't get much at all. Laziness has a price.

When it comes to the behaviour and punishment it's totally ok with me, as long as it's the same for everyone. Nowdays some can snub off a seneschal's polite requests to stop swearing with no consequences...and some can't, depending on how much they suck up. Everyone slip at times, but to take oneself extra privilages because one think one is so very special, I find such people most disrespectful.

Also, lower ranks who happens to have moderation at the time playing around with mute and ban....such things would go well with more inventive IC punishment methods. Ask me for ideas if they are lacking.

Then when it comes to rp events, I find that those who complain are more or less those who seem unable to find the time to participate in the rp we have. A contradiction, if anyone asks me. And as with the raids it comes down to priorities, and also how much effort each person is prepared to put in. RP is not served on a golden platter, it takes interaction from everyone involved, that includes you, you and even you. And my personal opinion is that it also requires for each and everyone to understand that their character not necessarily has to be the very center of the Universe, every time. A good blender knows how to make all ingredients shine through.

*Snort*

In Celtic astrology, you're a Birch. The animal symbol that accompanies this tree is the white stag. The ancient Druids say Birch people have good leadership skills, resilience, ambition, persistence and loyalty. However, Birches may be prone to depression, negative thoughts and too much reservation in showing affection to others. Take the Tree Meme

Message edited by tommzan - Monday, 2010-03-15, 9:45 AM

HirionDate: Monday, 2010-03-15, 9:46 AM | Message # 13
    Swordsman
    I don't like the language filter, both OOCly and ICly, but I'll wait with whines for the moment when it should affect me personally.
    On the other hand, the thing with "Suggested events" is definitely step to the good side.

TerrafrosDate: Monday, 2010-03-15, 1:46 PM | Message # 14
    Spleendid!
    Regarding the language filter,

I am willing to allow more should in the coming week be shown the people can comply to these rules to the best of their abilities, or at least attempt to do so.

CarienDate: Monday, 2010-03-15, 3:08 PM | Message # 15
    Warlord/Elder
    I'd like to know what exactly is the beef with the swearing part. for joking and playing around with words, I can understand, but I suspect that the rules are more directed at throwing them at people or in aggression, which is something that most people have a problem with.

I'd like to apologise for being such a b****
    Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/CENTER]

Guild Forum » Public Section » Public News » Changes
    • Page 1 of 2
    • »
    Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024